Race Day Schedule of Events
- Transition Area Opens (athletes only) at 6:30AM, it will close at 8:00AM.
- Mandatory Triathlon Meeting 7:45AM – John Collins Park, Swim Start
- Mandatory Duathlon Meeting 7:45AM – Duathlon Start, Next to Transition Area
- Triathlon 1st Wave 8:00AM
- Duathlon Start 8:20AM
- Award Ceremony, Wege Plaza – no later than 10:30AM
- Post-Race Celebration, Wege Plaza 9:00AM-12:00PM
Packet Pick-Up and Late Registration
Friday, Sept. 7, 3:30 - 6:30PM
Packet pick up is located at the EGR Parks and Recreation Dept. (lower level of the EGR Community Center).
- Race number (run bib and bike numbers)
- Race shirt
- Timing chip (note that your timing chip number WILL NOT match your race number)
- Timing strap
- Goody Bag
- After Race Celebration Drink Ticket
*Family, friends and relay members may pick up your race packet. Please make sure that they collect everything for you.
Race vendors will be onsite to sell products and to showcasing services. Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation will be onsite selling additional beer tickets for the After Race Celebration. Tickets will also be available on race day.
- Thursday, Sept. 6 from 8:00-5:00 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 7 from 8:00 a.m. until 6:30 p.m.
- NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
- Saturday, September 8th will open at 6:30AM; all athletes must be out of transition at their mandatory race meetings at 7:45AM.
- Only registered athletes are allowed in the transition area. Athletes will be assigned bike racks according to their race number.
- Body marking stations will be available Friday during packet pick up and on race morning at the transition area.
- Bike Helmets – Helmets must be worn at all times while on your bike (pre, during and post-race). Chin straps must be buckled.
- Drafting – Keep at least three bike lengths of clear space between you and the cyclist in front. If you move into the zone, you must pass within 15 seconds. Position – keep moving to the right hand side of the lane of travel unless passing. Blocking – riding on the left side of the lane without passing anyone and interfering with other cyclist attempting to pass. Overtaken – once passed, you must immediately exit the draft zone from the rear, before attempting to pass again. Course marshals will be out on the course enforcing cycling rules.
- Course – All competitors are required to follow the designed course and to stay within all coned lanes. Cutting the course is a violation and going outside the course is a safety issue. Cyclist shall not cross a solid yellow line for any reason.
- Headphones - Headphones, headsets, iPod or personal audio devices, etc. are not to be used or worn at any time during the race. Use of these devices will result in disqualification.
- Race Numbers – All athletes are required to wear race numbers at all times. Running bib numbers should be worn on the front and bike numbers visible on your bike.
- Some parking location will have restrictions on when you can leave the lot. Please be aware of this when you park.
- Parking garage – access off of Lakeside Dr. This is a great location if you need to leave before the full race is over. The lower level is low clearance. Do not enter with your bike on the roof of your vehicle.
- EGR HS lot – access off of Lake Dr. If you park in this lot you will not be able to leave until the race is over.
- Side streets – please note that some street parking may have “No Parking” signs due to the race. Please obey.
- Middle School lot – access of Lake Dr. This lot will NOT be available on race day.
Family Fun Finish
- We invite your favorite youngster to join you for the 2018 finish. We will have a staging area on Bagley St (just before the final turn to the finish line). Medals will be available at the staging area for all children. Please be aware of the other athletes around you and guide your child out of the way when finishing.
- Finisher medals – a finisher medal will be presented to all athletes at the finish line. If you are participating in a relay please make sure that all members of your relay team receive a medal. If you are participating in the Aquabike please make sure to stop by the finish line after your race to get your finisher medal.
- Age group awards -will be presented to 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each age group Male and Female for Sprint Triathlon and Sprint Duathlon.
- Overall awards - will be presented 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each age group for Sprint Triathlon Male and Female and 1st place Masters. Sprint Duathlon Male and Female and 1st place Masters. Overall awards will be issued 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Aquabike and Relays.
- First Year Pin – Is this your first year racing the Rhoades McKee Reeds Lake Triathlon? We have a special pin for you. Stop by the awards table to pick it up.